More than 26 million Americans between the ages of 20 and 64 suffer from frequent back pain.
Are you one of them?
If back pain is keeping you from doing the activities you enjoy, it’s time to call Associated Physicians Group. We have helped thousands of area residents reduce or eliminate back pain without long term pain medication.
Associated Physicians Group Back Pain Program
The APG Back Pain Program focuses on the underlying causes of back pain. Instead of simply masking pain, our interdisciplinary team of physicians and pain care therapists seek to diagnose the source of the pain and develop a treatment plan that will treat the cause—providing long-term relief.
How does the APG Back Program work?
We employ a multi-modal approach that combines pain management physicians, certified physical therapists, nurse practitioners, chiropractors and state of the art rehabilitation equipment to ensure lasting pain relief.
- Each patient is carefully assessed by our team of specialists to diagnose the immediate cause of pain and develop a treatment plan to relieve the pain –and keep it from coming back.
2. Immediate Pain Relief
- Our interventional pain specialists have multiple tools available to get you out of pain immediately and on the road to permanent pain relief. Our providers may recommend procedures like a cluneal nerve block, trigger point injections, NSAIDS, muscle relaxants or other pain management procedures specific to your condition. They can also prescribe specifically compounded anti-inflammatory and pain medications to make the physical therapy and strengthening exercises easier to tolerate.
3. Individualized physical therapy and strengthening program
- A strong back and core reduces pressure on weakened vertebrae and vertebral discs—which in turn relieves pain. The APG team collaborates to design a custom program for each patient in order to strengthen and rehabilitate the muscles that support the back and spine.
4. MedX™ Therapy—the Gold Standard for treating and reducing back pain
- Associated Physicians Group is one of the select pain clinics in the region to use MedX™ rehabilitative therapy equipment—the “Gold standard” for treating and reducing chronic back pain and dysfunction through specific spinal strengthening. To learn more about MedX™ Therapy, click here.
5. Customized, back bracing systems—as needed—to support recovery and encourage motion.
- Newer research indicates that contrary to traditional thought, bracing actually increases the body’s own ability to recover and heal quickly and does not serve as a “crutch” that further weakens the body. Recent studies have shown that the correct back brace provides much needed stability, especially in lumbar applications, and reduces the pain signals allowing rehabilitation efforts to progress more rapidly and more importantly, more effectively.
- For more information on types of back braces available, please visit: Aspen or Breg.
Our Back Pain Program is available in O’Fallon, Swansea, Edwardsville and Alton. Call (888) 363-8333 to schedule an appointment for our Back Pain Program today or contact us online.